ESSSSOC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ender's Game

4 posters

Go down

Ender's Game Empty Ender's Game

Post by Artemis Hyde Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:29 am

So has anyone heard if the movie is going to come out?
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Ender's Game Empty Re: Ender's Game

Post by MadChickenz Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Well, from what I hear from random news places, Card is trying to make the movie with his own team, because Hollywood said his story wasn't good enough or something. Failure by Hollywood.
MadChickenz
MadChickenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:30 am

oh, I knew that he was making it himself, but I didn't know that that was the reason. Wow, isn't that what some television company said about star wars? I bet that person was fired. Oh well, Hollywood would've killed it anyway. (btw, that was your 42nd post)
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by MadChickenz Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, that was my 42nd post and this is my 47th. But I am glad that Card isn't letting his script go down the drain w/ Hollywood & co. And I hadn't heard the thing about Star Wars.
MadChickenz
MadChickenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:20 pm

yep, I think it was abc, or abc is who they went to after the other one didn't like it. Anyway that's off topic. So Ender's Game is my favorite one of the series, tied with Ender's Shadow. If anyone reads any of the Ender's series, then read those.
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by MadChickenz Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Well, those are the only two I've read. Do you own the others? As in, could I borrow them if you do?
MadChickenz
MadChickenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 pm

they have them all at the schertz library, but I think that you should read Shadow of the Hegemon next. It's the sequel to Ender's Shadow. Read of Bean's travels first. I liked the books that follow ender, but bean's series is better.
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Batblade Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

i'm not certain anyone should make Ender's game into a movie. It's such a good book, i can't imagine anyone, even Card, pulling it off correctly without the kind of narritive that only a book is capable of.
Dingo Batblade
Dingo Batblade

Back to top Go down

Post by MadChickenz Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Yes, books are often more epic than their movie counterparts, or at least, our view of the book forever changes when we see someone else's interpretation of it, in which case we dislike having our imaginations shattered and that's all I have to say but I'm going to ramble on for a while longer and make sure I do not use much punctuation to make this sentence look like one massive run-on sentence even though it is truly just a normal sentence with a very large amount of words, even though most of said words are abso-bally-lutely (Redwall, if you the Long Patrol) pointless and are being said for the sole purpose of being written on the paper-that-is-not-paper on my computer.
MadChickenz
MadChickenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm

except, this movie isn't someone else's interpretation. Card is making it. However, I agree with david in that that Card's narrative, or any narrative, is almost impossibly difficult to show to the audiance in a movie theatre, and is equally hard to bring the same feelings one would feel reading the book. But I still really want to see the battleroom as Card invisioned it! That would be really cool.
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by The Highlander Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Nothing guarantees that the movie will be as he envisioned it. He will almost certainly not be the only influence. Even if it's not other people, it will be influenced by time constraints (producing and length-of-movie), budget, quality of special effects, and the near impossibility of projecting ones thoughts into a reality. Of course, this isn't just referring to the battle room, but the story as a whole.The only perfect known way to do that is the Vulcan mind meld which, sadly, has yet to be mastered by us mere humans (some say an impossible task to undertake) and, furthermore, can only reach an incredibly small audience at a time.

And, like Andrew mentions in his very long not-a-run-on sentence, the beauty of books is that the author sets forth some rudimentary ideas and details, and the readers fills in the rest mentally, from their imagination and their experiences. To paraphrase from the Jasper Fforde novels, "What use is writing 'The waves broke upon the shore with loud crashes, the smell of salt filling the air' if the reader has never heard the waves roll onto the shore, exploding in a shower of spray, tasted the salt and felt the sea breeze? The reader does as much work as the author, and is much less appreciated." By the laws of probability, Card's "vision" may not match up what much of his fanbase had invisioned, causing widespread, and certainly unwarranted, mockery.

On another (more personal) note, I believe that the Lord of the Rings trilogy was dang near the closest Hollywood will ever get to capturing the true essence of a book. I found it incredibly well made, thoughtfully planned out, and nicely executed, considering the natural constraints, limitations, and changes that are impossible to avoid when makes a book a movie.

--Summer Glau
The Highlander
The Highlander

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:29 pm

ok, you have a point there. But I wouldn't mind seeing the movie, if only for the battleroom sequences, the actual battles against the buggers, and the videogame with the giant with the 2 potions. Those would be really cool to see.
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Batblade Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 pm

honestly i dont want them to make it but my image of a book has never been changed by seeing a movie that uses a different one so i wouldn't mind seeing a movie version either.
Dingo Batblade
Dingo Batblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:58 pm

In fact, seeing the movie version actually makes me appreciate the book /more/, so I'm going to see it.
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Batblade Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 pm

so is it confirmed that they are making it?
Dingo Batblade
Dingo Batblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Hyde Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:59 pm

idk, it's what I heard

edit: wow, I killed this thread leaving it like that, so I bring to light a new discussion (spoiler alert for those who haven't read the Shadow series!):

Does Bean's disease ever get cured? or does he and his kids spend the rest of their lives in space?
Artemis Hyde
Artemis Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down